Help make Homer a community that does not have to euthanize adoptable pets:
Donations are accepted at local businesses around town. Look for our Rovers at Barb’s Video, Coal Point, Kachemak Gear Shed, Homer Hounds, Ulmers and Wildberry.
Local metal artist Don Henry made a number of ‘Special Rovers’ and has them placed around town.
See them at the following businesses:
- Homer Vet Clinic – Dachshund
- Duncan House – small cat
- Animal Shelter- large cat
Pick. Click. Give.
In January, when you apply for your Permanent Fund Dividend, you will again have the opportunity to give to your favorite Alaska nonprofit organizations. The PFD Charitable Contributions Program, or “Pick. Click. Give.” provides a safe and secure way to make a donation, and it’s available to all Alaskans who file online.
When you apply for your Alaska Permanent Fund online, consider sharing part of your dividend with Homer Animal Friends.
To do this, go to “Pick.Click.Give.” to apply for your dividend and follow the instructions to make your donation.
You can help Homer Animal Friends earn Donations just by shopping with your Fred Meyer Rewards Card. Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, based on where their customers tell them to give. Here is how the program works.
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Homer Animal Friends at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. Once on their site, you can search for us by our name or by our non-profit number – 93030.
- Then every time you shop and use your Rewards Card, you earn Homer Animal Friends a donation.
- You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
Just start your shopping on Amazon at AmazonSmile and Amazon will donate a percentage to your favorite non-profit!
There are always volunteer opportunities available.
If you are interested in volunteering at the HAF Store, we would love to have you!
Buster Program/Animal Shelter
- Kennel Cards
- Basic Training
- Memorial Gardens
- Walk a dog/exercise a dog in the play yard
- brush a cat/clean a cat cage
HAF Events/Around Town
- Trivia Night
- Strut Your Mutt
- Street Fair
- Rotary Health Fair
- Safe Kids Fair
- 4th of July Parade
- Winter Carnival Parade
- Education in Schools
- Homer Dog Trainers
- Check our Spay/Neuter phone line
- Scrap Book
- Doggie Pot Check
- Check our donation Rovers/collect money
- Membership Committee
- Fund Raising Committee
- Spay/Neuter Committee
- On-Line Committee
- Finance Committee
- Education Committee
- Policy & Procedures Committee
- Shelter Committee
If you have some time to spare and any of the above committees are in your area of interest, or if you are just interested in helping out at the Shelter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Volunteering.